Saturday, January 12, 2013

Recycled fabric quilt --


 I thought I would post a pic of the jean tumbling blocks quilt on display. I love the borders.



George, looking ready to tell me to stop taking flash pics of him.


This is all made from khaki and other mens dress pants.


I started to add borders - I wanted the quilt to be a king size - and decided the green/gold colors would make a great addition to the other tones in the quilt.


But, the green was too much alone - so I added some applique stars.


Before the applique


Free Motion quilting --

Well, here is the finished quilt -- 






I really love the quilt - of course one pic had to decide not to fall where I wanted it. The quilt is huge. King size with nearly 20 inc drop and tuck. Huge.

2 comments:

  1. It matches George! It's absolutely stunning and I'm so happy to be able to see your meandering quilting in that last shot. It's really a masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a great time quilting this quilt - I knew I just wanted easy and light quilting. It quilted really well with out puckers or tucks. George is just the cutest thing. I love him.

    ReplyDelete