Thursday, August 30, 2012

More lines .... miles of lines.


Ive been going crazy for strip quilts - I have so much fabric here at the house. This process is a great way to use up smaller pieces and HIDE some uglies. When I first started quilting I was buying new fabrics - Im trying to get all of those used up also. I have let my collecting fabric totally take over my little house. Im feeling like its too much and I want some of my space back.

Ive been feeling a little down - I am going through some stuff and the end of the summer is a sad few weeks for me.

Of course, the Drag Queen Quilter has real (REAL) long man nails. I have no idea why I love long fingernails. I just do. I used to chew and eat the sides of my fingers till they would bleed and be infected. Its was gross.

So, now that I quilt and have to look at my hands all the time I like to have them (sorta) nice looking. I also let them get gross and unpainted - but keep them pretty long.

I signed up for classes today - I think this is the last year of working on the BA.

I might make a movie tonight - or quilt and quilt. I have a show to put up next week and have some great ideas for projects. I had finished two quilts for the show - but, they got given away.

I know some people are looking at this blog. I hope it gives you some fun thoughts. I enjoy the feedback and responses.

Im working on some new ways to do some radical recycling for quilt batting's - using some larger uglies for batting instead of the smaller pieces of scrap Ive used in the past.


2 comments:

  1. Recent fan of your blog. Got hooked watching your sewing machine videos on Youtube. Keep it coming. I'm having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the feedback - It makes me feel good. I would like o make a movie soon -- they take and HOUR to load to youtube -- ! Yuck!

      Maybe later today.

      Delete